Thursday, December 16, 2004

New age piano music - cool sounds!: "
Don't Let Anyone Tell You That You Can't

Make
Cool Sounds
On Any Keyboard
Without Knowing a Thing About Music!
You Really Can!

Dear Friend:
I have recently recorded a video which can be used by anybody -- even people who have never touched their hands to the keyboard!
As you may know, I have taught piano for 30 years and I'm a firm believer in learning to read music, understand music theory, and really master the keyboard. I'm no fan of mindless 'shortcuts' because I know that in the long run they don't work -- you've got to have understanding.
But I also know that there are many people that would LOVE to be able to make their own 'pleasant sounds' on the piano, just for their own satisfaction and amusement. They know full well that they will never be full-blown piano players, but still, they would like to sit down now and then and must make some sounds on the keyboard that sound good, feel good, and give satisfaction to them and/or their family.
I understand that. My own Dad wasn't a pianist by any means, yet when I was a little guy he used to sit down at the piano for a half-hour on a Saturday evening and play some kind of chording pattern that just delighted my Mom and my brother and I. I guess you know that if I could call him back from Heaven and have him play that again for me, I wouldn't trade the entire London Symphony for that half-hour.
And so for those people who just want to make some nice sounds on the piano (or keyboard or organ or synthesizer -- it doesn't matter what kind of keyboard) I have created this video course.
We use NO printed music, of course. All you will do
is sit at your piano or keyboard and watch my hands on
my piano, and do what I do. Of course I will be talking
an"